Variations on a Theme
All times are UK
Duration in Hrs
Play-lists Not renewed until a new one is received.
1. Andrew Gold: Thank You For Being A Friend
2. Bruno Mars: Count On Me
3. Meghan Trainor: Friends
4. Randy Newman: You’ve Got A Friend In Me
5. The Ames Brothers: Dear Hearts and Gentle People
6. Garth Brooks: Friends in Low Places
7. James Taylor & Carole King: You’ve Got A Friend
8. Cyndi Lauper: Time After Time
9. Smashmouth: All Star
10. Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell: Aint No Mountain High Enough
11. Lorde: Green Light
12. Bette Midler: Wind Beneath My Wings
13. The Beatles: With A Little Help From My Friends
14. American Authors: Best Day Of My Life
15. Mumford & Sons: I Will Wait
16. Queen: You’re My Best Friend
17. Bill Withers: Lean On Me
18. Sister Sledge: We Are Family
19. Jason Mraz: Best Friend
20. The Pretenders: I’ll Stand By You
21. Outkast: Hey Ya!
22. Rolling Stones: Waiting On A Friend
23. Ben E. King: Stand By Me
24. My Chemical Romance: Teenagers
25. The Rembrandts: I’ll Be There For You
26. Audrey Mika: Just Friends
Born into middle-class squalor in Ireland, the youngest of five girls, I was my parent’s last chance to create perfection.
Tiring of rain-soaked greenery, my parents decided a change of environment was needed, so we headed to the north Highlands of Scotland, which proves my parents had an odd sense of irony.
Hoping that the gold-paved streets of Canada would offer solace, we packed up and went west. We arrived in Calgary, Alberta just in time for the recession of 1981.
It was in Canada that I developed my love of music as the winters are very long and nothing beats the blues like a jaunty tune.
I even took a foray into being in a band. We performed world music with a rumba flamenca infusion and for a brief moment, we lived the dream.
Working in industries as diverse as oil & gas, architecture & interior design, Family Law and healthcare, I learned that despite our differences, we still need coffee to function.
Upon entering my dotage, I returned to the UK, single, flat broke and none the wiser…