Variations on a Theme
All times are UK
Duration in Hrs
1) Green Thumbs Up: Gardening is Good For You
2) Interview with Frome In Bloom Gold Winners, Dave & Prue Moon
3) Capability Brown: Britain’s Most Famous Landscape Designer
1) The Cowsills: The Rain, the Park and Other Things
2) C. Duncan: Garden
3) Rick Nelson & the Stone Canyon Band: Garden Party
4) Minnie Riperton: Les Fleurs
5) Pearl Jam: Garden
6) The Beatles: Octopus’s Garden
7) Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs: Garden
8) Laura Mvula: Green Garden
9) Siouxsie & the Banshees: Hong Kong Garden
10) Tyler, the Creator & Estelle: Garden Shed
11) Bruce Springsteen: Secret Garden
12) Courtney Barnett: Avant Gardener
13) Lynn Anderson: Rose Garden
14) Billie Marten: Garden of Eden
15) Phoebe Bridgers: Garden Song
16) Fools Garden: Lemon Tree
17) Dinosaur Jr. Garden
18) Dua Lipa: Garden
19) Nahko & Medicine For the People: Garden
20) R.E.M.: Gardening at Night
21) The Orb: Mother Nature
22) Angelique Kidjo: Mother Nature
23) Harry Nilsson: Mother Nature’s Son
24) The Statler Brothers: Flowers On the Wall
Born into middle-class squalor in Ireland, the youngest of five girls, I was my parent’s last chance to create perfection.
Tiring of rain-soaked greenery, my parents decided a change of environment was needed, so we headed to the north Highlands of Scotland, which proves my parents had an odd sense of irony.
Hoping that the gold-paved streets of Canada would offer solace, we packed up and went west. We arrived in Calgary, Alberta just in time for the recession of 1981.
It was in Canada that I developed my love of music as the winters are very long and nothing beats the blues like a jaunty tune.
I even took a foray into being in a band. We performed world music with a rumba flamenca infusion and for a brief moment, we lived the dream.
Working in industries as diverse as oil & gas, architecture & interior design, Family Law and healthcare, I learned that despite our differences, we still need coffee to function.
Upon entering my dotage, I returned to the UK, single, flat broke and none the wiser…